Re: PV vs Breathit County
Chris Kelly used to be that way with Appalachia till a bunch of the ball players duct-taped him to the goalpost. If PV's players do that to him, look for him to wind up in Norton. My favorite story about him was when we all loaded up and went to Johnson City to see a TV taping of old Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Well, he's wearing a blue UK shirt with a big, white "K" on the front. Well, he goes into his act during the first match, which was tag team action. The wrestler on the outside looks at him and shouts "Sit down, Special K!"
Re: PV vs Breathit County
Another classic. It keeps on getting better.
Re: PV vs Breathit County
[ QUOTE ]
Chris Kelly used to be that way with Appalachia till a bunch of the ball players duct-taped him to the goalpost.
[/ QUOTE ]
If I am not mistaken wasn't this done to him naked.
Re: PV vs Breathit County
LOL, this is what my dad always told me.. but I never actually thought it was true until now! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Re: PV vs Breathit County
Not really funny that Appy duct-taped their biggest fan naked to a goalpost, Chubz.
I think the fans and team at PV really appreciate Chris. He is their number 1 fan, and really knows his stuff about football and basketball. He studies the game and stands behind his team.
Re: PV vs Breathit County
Not that it's funny.. it's just so bizarre! How often do you hear about things such as that? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
It's like something you'd see in a movie or a cartoon!
Re: PV vs Breathit County
I think it is great that there is that much school spirit displayed. I have also seen him escorted from the gym during district tournaments.
Re: PV vs Breathit County
Great comments. And, as I have stated before, more people need to step back and put high school sports in perspective. Chris and Dennis never had the opportunity that a lot of us have had and probably take for granted. They didn't have the opportunity to strap it on and be a hometown hero. They simply wanted to be a part of something they considered special. How many of us are happy when our team wins and pissed when we lose? How many times have we said, "When I played...", or "If I was the coach..."? I think we all need to learn to be better fans.
Re: PV vs Breathit County
I agree
and Chubz, i'm sure you wouldn't find it too funny if that was done to you either...
Re: PV vs Breathit County
Who would?
As I said, it's just bizarre.. it's like something you could never imagine actually happening or seeing.